Home

Friday 3 February 2017

Hawthorn's Heartđź’“thon 3 February 2017

Funny how two people can view the same object so differently!  A good friend of ours (really Beloved's friend) met up with a lady a few years ago and they are now married.  She is turning his house (their house as she sold hers last year) into a home, well I think that is the modern turn of phrase these days!  Beloved describes most of the stuff she has bought as TAT.  So shortly before Christmas 2015 I saw this gold heart for sale (I think I paid as much as £1.50 for it) and bought it.  I duly wrapped it up for Christmas and on the accompanying card stated he now had his own TAT.  I seem to recall he was not overwhelmed by it .....

Surprisingly he still has it!

I think it is quite nice but .....



6 comments:

  1. I like it! But then .... is is a 'girl thing? Our house is quietly bedecked with hearts and my man never says a word about them ... is that a good thing or a bad thing?? No, think is definitely a 'girl thing'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure he'd happily have all his engineering bits on display all over the place in lieu of hearts .... funny (I think I mean strange) the difference that one chromosome makes.

      Delete
  2. I expect that it is a tree ornament, but does have a lovely shape. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is now hanging on my non-Christmas tree; last Christmas I yarn-bombed an 8' length of ash tree and its branches. I've now removed the Christmas decorations and replaced them with non-Christmas ones. But I've kept the bright red lights which I turn on when it gets dark. It cheers me up during these dark, dreary months at this time of the year.

      Delete
  3. Yes, hearts are definitely a 'girly' thing but I do think that although nothing may be said, deep down our men are romantics at heart.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I find Beloved's 'romantic heart' I'll let you know!!!

      Delete